Let say Raxo shows 5 items and at end of module is button "Load more" which on click shows next 5 items..etc
There is few joomla modules with this possibility, but Raxo is for me best Joomla news module.
I would love to see on the next update an option to choose how many items to display per category.
For example, If I have 4 categories and wish to display 1 itmes from each category, it will be possible with this feature.
Aside from the sliders and portal, it can be implanted in all templates.
1. Simple load more where the user set group of items (=first visible) and the total items and each click on "load more" will open the next group (or up to the limit of other setting such as this month or or). Possible for a nicer user experience (up to 10-12 items total) they could all be pre loaded. A more complex option would be to set the first items, say 4, number of batch items to be loaded, say 2, and total number of items.
2. Infinity scroll, which will take it all to the next level, here the user will have the option to choose infinity or load-more.
With this option the user can set total or unlimited, or even a mixed between infinity scroll and load-more. user set first items to be visible (well auto screen size+20% ?), the the group to be loaded in infinity scroll style, say 20, and then load more will be visible (with or without items limit).
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Dec 17, 2011 10:25 pm
- Joomla! version: 1.7.3
- PHP version: 5.2.17-0.d
- Location: Goettingen, Germany
Is it possible, to choose one category and all of their child categories?
This would be a great easement, because I have a lot of categories and a lot of modules. Every time I create a new category I have to change every module to select the new category. It would be easier if this goes automaticly.
Best regards, Jens.
Each subcategory can contain its own sub categories. The number of such subcategory levels can be huge.
To do what you suggest requires lots of additional parameters to be added to the module, e.g:
- display or not subcategory articles;
- number of subcategory levels to display;
- additional list of exclusions;
What if someone needs to display articles from parent category and first and third subcategorie, but exclude second and forth subcategories? The module must be functional and convenient not only for your case, but for thousands of other sites and situations.
Right now the module is really simple and ergonomic - you just select what you need.
The function to define current category is already implemented and is tested right now.