RAXO All-mode PRO - Suggestions and Feature Requests

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO modules
pontikos
Joomla! version: 1.5,2.5,3x

Re: RAXO All-mode PRO - Suggestions and Feature Requests

Post by pontikos » Sep 08, 2016 12:25 pm

The feature to auto-detect current category is a nice one. I have already implemented this on some customizations I have done with the Raxo Module. I have done this, so it also gets the current category when in article view, so it will display more articles from that category and in some other implementations I have set it to not include the current displayed article.

Let me know if you would like some help with this.

Regarding the Load More feature, this would require AJAX loading of the content items on each click. You can use the built-in AJAX component that ships with Joomla core, to perform your AJAX calls. Probably you will have to enhance it with some animations and caching the database results so they will be available if user decides to go up again.

Now, my current feature suggestions are:

1. I would like to see the beginning of the html output of the module removed from the mod_raxo_allmode.php module initialization file. I understand that it will make the code be repeatable inside each template - but my use case is that very often I create quick templates of yours and I only wish to quickly change a few layout elements and keep everything else untouched. With the new template name, I am getting new classes and I have to go over cloning the assets folder and renaming the css/js, while I would only like to have the same css/js as the original template. Usually, I avoid doing all these and I end up with simply adding a conditional statement in the mod_raxo_allmode.php file, to let the module's class suffix same with its original template. Maybe there could be a better idea, to have a setting in the backend that will allow to override this module class suffix, possibly by selecting one of the available other templates names, or a custom given one. Think about it.

2. The second suggestion is not mature yet in my mind. The use case is that I usually add Custom Fields to Joomla Articles. I then like to use Raxo, to display those articles and their custom fields. I usually override your helper.php to include those fields with the database queries. Considering that the upcoming Joomla version will come with a core ability to create custom fields, I think it's time to start thinking about how Raxo could be developed so it would be able to display any custom fields attached to Joomla articles.

Thanks for the good job
John

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Sep 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Let me know if you would like some help with this.
We wouldn't mind help with ajax implementation. So if you have some working module modification, please, share it.

1. Our module supports Joomla module output overrides. So just use it.
See Module Alternative Layouts in https://docs.joomla.org/Layout_Overrides_in_Joomla

2. Custom fields are claimed as a new feature in Joomla 3.7. First we'll see how it's implemented, and then we'll think how we can do that in the module.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!

pontikos
Joomla! version: 1.5,2.5,3x

Post by pontikos » Sep 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi, I haven't done any AJAX implementation on Raxo so far.
But I am currently quoting a customer for a project, that most likely I will use Raxo (either K2 or Joomla) and I will have to implement the Read More button to load more posts with AJAX.

So, if customer accepts the quote, then I will work on this in the coming weeks.

pepperstreet

Support for Joomla 3.7 custom fields

Post by pepperstreet » Apr 07, 2017 1:05 am

Lisa wrote:
Sep 10, 2016 2:55 pm
2. Custom fields are claimed as a new feature in Joomla 3.7. First we'll see how it's implemented, and then we'll think how we can do that in the module.
+1 Joomla 3.7 Custom fields selection and display would be awesome! 8-)

ch2856

Post by ch2856 » May 21, 2017 4:56 am

I would like to see the ability to display in one module position 2 articles from category x and 4 from category y.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » May 21, 2017 8:58 pm

You can do it right now.
Place two module copies in one position. In the first copy display 2 articles from category X and in the second copy display 4 articles from category Y. Use the same layout in both module instances to make them look alike.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!

deurkruk
Joomla! version: 1.5.22

Post by deurkruk » Jul 19, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello

What is the status on support of Custom Fields? Is this allready possible?

Regards, Carst

Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 3.9
PHP version: 7.2

Post by Admin » Aug 01, 2017 9:43 am

We expect it to be ready after summer vacations.

chap

Post by chap » Oct 18, 2017 9:25 pm

Hi,
Would it be possible to limit the articles to show on a page. So at the end there will show a read more button for more articles?

christophe31

Post by christophe31 » Apr 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Some guys asked for infinite scroll... I want it too, in the list, or pagination template :)
It will be an ajax button "more..." in order to not display everything automaticaly.