Filter articles by Category on front-end

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO module layouts
CyrusXxX
Joomla! version: 3.9
PHP version: 7.1

Filter articles by Category on front-end

Post by CyrusXxX »

Hello dear support I am planning to expand use of your perfect module for joomla with few module layouts and I need just one question answered before I do.
For example on my website under article I have module displaying articles from few related categories with possibility for users to click on category button and articles get displayed accordingly here is the screenshot:
https://prnt.sc/mfeqdz

Now when I look at layouts I see that pagination layout, rational and even portal layout fit the purpose but I need to know can I display category filter in them or any other layout you have.

Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Re: Category filter in module

Post by Admin »

The module has a filter by category. But you need to distinguish between the backend and frontend capabilities of the module.
So in the module settings (backend) you can very flexibly manage the filter by categories:
Current Category, Selected Categories, All Categories

As for the frontend (what you see on your site), then there is no filter by category. The module only displays the category name with a link. It depends more on the module layout and its capabilities, but in our layouts there is no such option.
Osterhoudt

Post by Osterhoudt »

Admin wrote: Feb 02, 2019 10:29 am The module has a filter by category. But you need to distinguish between the backend and frontend capabilities of the module.
So test link in the module settings (backend) you can very flexibly manage the filter by categories:
Current Category, Selected Categories, All Categories

As for the frontend (what you see on your site), then there is no filter by category. The module only displays the category name with a link. It depends more on the module layout and its capabilities, but in our layouts there is no such option.
Is there a technical reason for not including this option on the frontend?
Last edited by Osterhoudt on Nov 02, 2023 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is always a technical reason for the implementation of a particular option.
So far, it is impossible to make such filters on the frontend with the current module functionality.
DavidBoggitt
Joomla! version: 1.5.23

Filter by Category on front-end

Post by DavidBoggitt »

Hi there,

Is it possible to have a layout that takes articles from multiple categories, but then has a filter on the front end to only show the articles from one of the categories?

If not, could I make this a feature request please?

Many thanks,

Dave.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Filter by Category on front-end

Post by Admin »

DavidBoggitt wrote: Apr 06, 2024 1:59 pm Is it possible to have a layout that takes articles from multiple categories, but then has a filter on the front end to only show the articles from one of the categories?
If not, could I make this a feature request please?
Hi Dave, I am leaving your post here as a FEATURE REQUEST.