Can it display like this

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO modules
scarney
Joomla! version: 4.2.25
PHP version: 8.0

Re: Can it display like this

Post by scarney »

Lisa wrote: ... If you want to pick one article from each of three different categories and display them together then you should use 3 module copies.
Thanks. That is what I have tried with some other peoples modules but I was unable to control the padding and so ended up with something that looked like three distinct modules instead of one. So, it looks like your app also can't do what I am looking for. :-) But... almost...

So, my next question. Can I create the modules with no padding so that even though it is three they would look to the viewer like one?

Also, I am wondering if I could create one module that would then contain the other three. JoomlArt has a tabbed module that does this.

Back to my example on this page: http://www.aish.com/

Could I create a module with a frame around it like that is called "Today @Aish.com" and then inside that module place the three other category modules so that I could have inside each of three modules: 'Today in Jewish History', 'Daily Lift' and 'Growing Each Day'. I would want each of the three modules to randomly pick ONE article from their category and keep that article for the entire day?

Bottom line, could I replicate the type of functionality you see at Aish.com?

Thank you so much for your reply!

Sean Carney
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Can I create the modules with no padding so that even though it is three they would look to the viewer like one?
Sure. All paddings are CSS issue, so you can set any value you want.

The module is displayed within a module position. Make a frame for this module position, and then display 3 modules inside. In the image below you see 3 modules copies, each of them displays shows 1 article. I used template All-mode Default which design suits this case perfectly.
example.png
I would want each of the three modules to randomly pick ONE article from their category and keep that article for the entire day?
It's possible.
Bottom line, could I replicate the type of functionality you see at Aish.com?
Please, ask concrete questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
scarney
Joomla! version: 4.2.25
PHP version: 8.0

Post by scarney »

Lisa wrote:
Please, ask concrete questions.
Actually I thought that was a pretty 'concrete' questions considering I had explained how that aish.com had a module that appeared to be displaying content inside it from three other modules. But, regardless... you did answer my questions to my satisfaction so I am going to purchase this software. Thank you for your time.

Sean Carney
madmin

Post by madmin »

Looking for two separate modules to do something like this:
mod1.JPG
This module has article 1 with thumb while article 2 and 3 have no thumb. Then article 4 has a thumb while 5 and 6 no thumb and so on...
mod2.JPG
This module has article thumbs alternating from left to right.

Thanks for the help, and luv the extension...

-Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

The built-in module templates do not have this behaviour.
But it is possible to do that with some modifications of the template.
The first example causes some questions, we are not ready to give an advice right away.
The second example is easier, and we can give the advice how to implement that.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
JohnOxlade

Feature query

Post by JohnOxlade »

I'm just trying to identify if RAXO All-mode PRO is the right product for my new site.
I am looking to have a number of adverts that are flagged as "featured or frontpage" show up in (say) five columns at the bottom of the page. Essentially a 5-column featured-article view but in a module position.
I *THINK* your product will do this, but I cannot see specific mention of it.
Does it?
Many thanks.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Yes, our module works good for this purpose.
You can display the featured articles in five columns in one module position.
Or if you have 5 module positions at the bottom of your page, then you can display five module instances to form five column view.
armyreco

Result with your Joomla modules

Post by armyreco »

Hello,

I'm interested to purchase your Joomla modules.
Can i have a similar result at this website.

http://www.defence24.com

Four categories at the home page with latest news by category with small pictures and summary, and then a list with 5 latest articles with only summary.

Thanks for your answer.

Alain
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Yes, with our module you can do that quite easy.
Actuually, we designed our module specially for such tasks.
leivco

News page

Post by leivco »

Hello,
Is it possible for RAXO All-mode PRO or RAXO Related Articles to have the presentation and functionality that is found at https://www.townofriverview.ca/news?

Thanks,
Les