Two new Start Featured & Finish Featured dates in Joomla 4

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO modules
rmco
Joomla! version: 4
PHP version: 7.4

Two new Start Featured & Finish Featured dates in Joomla 4

Post by rmco »

Hi guys!

Is there a way to have featured articles automatically disappear from the RAXO module?
Joomla 4, has this 'start featured' and 'finish featured' dates. But RAXO keeps showing an article, even after the 'finish featured' date has passed.

So now I need to memorize which articles (events) have passed and then manually go and unfeature them, which is tedious when working with a large number of events that happen on different dates within a timespan of many many months.

'Start publishing/finish publishing' is an option, but then I lose out on any backlinks the content may have earned.
So I rather have the content disappear from the module, while remaining published. So start featured/finish featured would be amazing for this.

Just wondering if it's possible, or if I am missing something. Thanks in advance!

url:
https://rotterdamstyle.com/see-do
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Re: Two new Start Featured & Finish Featured dates in Joomla 4

Post by Admin »

rmco wrote: Feb 10, 2023 6:57 pm Hi guys!
Is there a way to have featured articles automatically disappear from the RAXO module?
Joomla 4, has thise 'start featured' and 'finish featured' dates. But RAXO keeps showing an article, even after the 'finish featured' date has passed.
Just wondering if it's possible, or if I am missing something. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for this feature request.

At the moment, you can use Module Filter Settings > Featured Items: Hide
But I don't think it will work in this case.

I think that since this feature appeared in Joomla 4, it will be a useful improvement to start supporting this feature in the module as well.
The only thing to implement is that there is so far little information about how it works.
scarney
Joomla! version: 4.2.25

Featured items displaying before the Start Featured Date and Time

Post by scarney »

I am having a problem where RAXO modules on my site are displaying featured content before the Start Featured date. I wonder if this might be caused by my RAXO modules.

Here is a page where you can see a module titled "Bubbe's Picks" at the top of the page that is randomly displaying Featured Articles. Right now the majority of the Featured Articles are not supposed to be displaying because their Start Featured date is one to two weeks into the future.

Is there a setting I may be missing, or is there a chance that the RAXO modules are not respecting the Start Featured date and time?

These modules are set to display "Only featured items" but, they should not display items that have not been set to be featured yet.

I am using Joomla 4. This is one of the pages: https://test1.theraliv.org/lchaim/cooking

All of the Modules that are about Purim are not supposed to be displayed until after Feb 23rd. Today is the 15th.

Thank you for any guidance.

Sean Carney
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Featured items displaying before the Start Featured Date and Time

Post by Admin »

scarney wrote: Feb 16, 2023 5:39 am Is there a setting I may be missing, or is there a chance that the RAXO modules are not respecting the Start Featured date and time?

These modules are set to display "Only featured items" but, they should not display items that have not been set to be featured yet.
I am using Joomla 4.
At the moment these two fields (Start Featured & Finish Featured dates) a new and unknown for our modules.

I definitely want to add support for this feature in the next version of the module.

Now I'm thinking about a quick fix for those users who need it now and there is no way to wait for the update to be released
scarney
Joomla! version: 4.2.25

Post by scarney »

:D Thank you very much for thinking about a quick fix for this. I am expected to publish this site in the next couple of weeks but probably have to postpone for now. So, a quick fix will really be a blessing.

Sean Carney
Last edited by scarney on Feb 18, 2023 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

scarney wrote: Feb 18, 2023 2:05 am :D Thank you very much for thinking about a quick fix for this. I am expected to publish this site in the next couple of weeks but probably have to postpone for now. So, a quick fix will really be a blessing.

Sean Carney
For quick fix use this instruction:

Scheduling Featured Status for Joomla Articles
viewtopic.php?t=3930
ssnobben
Joomla! version: 4.3.1
PHP version: 8.2.5

Post by ssnobben »

Hi

did this "Joomla 4, has this 'start featured' and 'finish featured' dates. But RAXO keeps showing an article, even after the 'finish featured' date has passed." get implemented too there or maybe you can use Regular labs Advance Module Manager for this ?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ssnobben wrote: May 10, 2023 9:53 am Hi

did this "Joomla 4, has this 'start featured' and 'finish featured' dates. But RAXO keeps showing an article, even after the 'finish featured' date has passed." get implemented too there or maybe you can use Regular labs Advance Module Manager for this ?
There are two options for you to choose from:
1) Follow the instructions (the link above) and use the current version of the module along with Start Featured & Finish Featured dates in Joomla 4.
2) Wait for the release of the next update for the module.