Can it display like this

Post by treyt42 »

I've been looking for a component that'll
display my articles as photos in columns
with just the title of the article under them
then you can click them and get the full article

like on this website
http://www.theones2watch.com/newwave/interviews

Can the RAXO component/module or w.e do it like that?
Lisa

Re: Can it display like this

Post by Lisa »

You can make similar output with our module. You'll just need minor changes in one of the built-in templates. Our tutorials and me will help you.

To everyone:
If you have the same question (don't know whether our module can do smth or look like smth) - don't hesitate to post here a link or image.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
raffie
Joomla! version: 1.5

Post by raffie »

Hi, can RAXO All-mode PRO display my homepage packages like this?
And then limit the amount of articles depends on me how many i want to be displayed and have a "read more" that will take them to a page with all the list of the packages we have?

Also, can i display the list of all the pictures in a certain folder and then display it with the layout i have in mind?

Cheers!!!!!
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

1) yes, you can display like this. You can set how many articles of all articles to show in the module block.
You can put "read more" (or any other text you want) and link it to the category or section with all the articles.

2) You cannot display images from a folder. But if each of the pictures is a separate article you can display them like on your picture.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
raffie

Post by raffie »

Lisa wrote:1) yes, you can display like this. You can set how many articles of all articles to show in the module block.
You can put "read more" (or any other text you want) and link it to the category or section with all the articles.

2) You cannot display images from a folder. But if each of the pictures is a separate article you can display them like on your picture.

Hi Liza,

is it possible to change the text "read more" into an image button?
If yes, how do i do this? Thanks.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Yes, you can do that. Just some changes in CSS. If you're a novice, we'll assist you.
raffie

Post by raffie »

Thanks Lisa,

Is it possible to have multiple instance of Raxo Modules?

The reason i want to do this is because i want to run raxo on the homepage and in one of the inside pages where it will display a list of articles inside the category.

landing page = will only display 3 articles
inside page = will display the whole 10-12 articles.

A friend of mine told me that this is not possible in RAXO because you are can only install one module and you can only customize that 1 module to display how many articles you want to be displayed. So i need to choose between which page will have the raxo module, the landing page or the inside page.
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Post by Admin »

Yes
Once install, and then can make unlimited copies in the joomla module manager.
Furthermore be able to customize each copy separately, and specify which pages to display.
scarney
Joomla! version: 4.2.25
PHP version: 8.0

Post by scarney »

I am thinking your module can do this but just in case here is what I am wanting to do:

I want to create a small module that will randomly pick one article from each of three different categories and display them together.

So, each day there would be a new display of one article from each of three categories. It will be to display very small articles but I am sure I will also need to select how many characters or words to display and have there be links to 'More' or a linked Title to read the entire article.

A good example of a site doing something like this is http://www.aish.com

On the right they have a section called Today @Aish.com
This section then has three small articles that appear to come from three separate categories. I want to create something similar.

Thank you, Sean

PS. I was reading about your PRO version and it seems there was another version as well?
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Yes, you can choose several categories (in your case 3) and set number of items (3) to display randomly in the module block. This means the module will show 3 random articles from all the articles of the selected 3 categories.
If you want to pick one article from each of three different categories and display them together then you should use 3 module copies.

Title and text limitation - yes.
Links to 'More' or a linked Title to read the entire article - yes to both.