Image support - HELIX3 blog options - featured image and post formats

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO modules
pepperstreet

Image support - HELIX3 blog options - featured image and post formats

Post by pepperstreet »

Hello, RAXO modules seem to have versatile image support options. I am sure this is not going to be a core RAXO module feature, but I am curious if I could extend your feature by overrides...

You may have heard of the template framework HELIX3 by JoomShaper. They have an interesting approach to extend the Joomla Blog and image options. They add WP-like options to com_content media support:

1. Featured Image (with image resize)
2. different "Post-Formats" i.e. Standard, Gallery, Audio, Video, Quote, Link etc.

So, I would like to know if it it possible to add and use HELIX3 images and media with RAXO modules.
Featured Image would be nice for the beginning, Post-Formats would be pure awesomeness. ;) :ugeek:

Again, this is not a general core feature for everyone, but for HELIX3 users a cool bonus.
Any chance to get some advice or technical help to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.
Lisa

Re: Image support - HELIX3 blog options - featured image and post formats

Post by Lisa »

I don't get what is the module role in all that?
Basically, the module is designed to present short teasers of articles.
For the module there is difference how you create Joomla articles, by super useful auto submitter, or just manually. If an article contains text or image, the module is able to process it.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
pepperstreet

Post by pepperstreet »

Lisa wrote:I don't get what is the module role in all that?...
...If an article contains text or image, the module is able to process it.
Hello again, I totally missed your answer and question. I try to clarify.

I assume your module does detect the usual Joomla image options. Which are inline in the content area and core images for intro/full. My initial question relates to the FREE Helix3 template framework. It somehow extends the Joomla core images with different options. The STANDARD post type makes use of an extra featured-image, which is automatically resized in various dimensions. If present, it is used instead of the Joomla core images. It displays also on lists in a different size:
helix3_standard_post_type_featured_image.png

There are even more optional post types. Comparable to WP post type options. For instance the GALLERY post type allows multiple images. If selected, it replaces the featured image with a gallery slider:
helix3_post_types_gallery_images.png

Hope this helps.
Is there any chance that your module detects those images/post types, and displays them accordingly?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

The key question - where Helix places the article image after all.
If it's inside article text, the module proceed it.
If it's a special field in database available only for Helix, then no, the module won't see such images.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
pepperstreet

Post by pepperstreet »

Hello again, I have tried to figure out the storage question. Helix3 blog options are stored in com_content -> attribs column. Here is an example of an article's attribs column :

Code: Select all

{"spfeatured_image":"images\/2017\/04\/04\/simpsons.jpg","post_format":"standard","gallery":"","audio":"","video":"","link_title":"","link_url":"","quote_text":"Lorem Ipsum placeholder text is here.","quote_author":"- John Doe","post_status":""}
The display on frontend is managed in com_content overrides.
The additional post-format "icons" are handled through extra jlayouts.

Excerpt from article default override:

//get image
$article_attribs 	= json_decode($this->item->attribs);
$article_images 	= json_decode($this->item->images);
$article_image 		= '';
if(isset($article_attribs->spfeatured_image) && $article_attribs->spfeatured_image != '') {
	$article_image 	= $article_attribs->spfeatured_image;
} elseif(isset($article_images->image_fulltext) && !empty($article_images->image_fulltext)) {
	$article_image 	= $article_images->image_fulltext;
}

$post_format = $params->get('post_format', 'standard');
$has_post_format = $tpl_params->get('show_post_format');
if($this->print) $has_post_format = false;

<?php
		if($post_format=='standard') {
			echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.full_image', $this->item);
		} else {
			echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.post_formats.post_' . $post_format, array('params' => $params, 'item' => $this->item));
		}
	?>

<div class="entry-header<?php echo $has_post_format ? ' has-post-format': ''; ?>">
		<?php echo JLayoutHelper::render('joomla.content.post_formats.icons',  $post_format); ?>
	</div>
Hope this helps.
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Post by Admin »

elix3 blog options are stored in com_content -> attribs column.
I see they use their own parameter spfeatured_image. So this statement is true:
If it's a special field in database available only for Helix, then no, the module won't see such images.
pepperstreet

Post by pepperstreet »

Admin wrote: Apr 06, 2017 9:08 pm I see they use their own parameter spfeatured_image. So this statement is true:
Almost planned on that answer ;)
However, could I create an override for RAXO modules in a similar way?
bouce

Post by bouce »

hi every one, im using helix3 framework and i'm not getting thumbnails ...does any one have a solution

thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Post by Admin »

If you don't see thumbnails for standard Joomla images in the articles, follow this thumbnail instruction:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12
bouce

Post by bouce »

screen.png
i followed instructions and im getting the same thing my images are placed as above in Helix blog option .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.