RAXO All-mode PRO - Suggestions and Feature Requests

Presale questions & requests related to RAXO modules
etagure
Joomla! version: 1,5

Re: RAXO All-mode PRO - Suggestions and Feature Requests

Post by etagure »

Hi, do you plan include (is is not complicated) load more button in Raxo module?
Let say Raxo shows 5 items and at end of module is button "Load more" which on click shows next 5 items..etc
..etc
Admin
Site Admin
Joomla! version: 4.0.5
PHP version: 8.0

Re: "Load more" Ajax Button

Post by Admin »

Yes, I think this would be a very useful module feature.

I'm searching for a good solution how this can be implemented.
Any help or good examples will be appreciated.
etagure
Joomla! version: 1,5

Post by etagure »

Im very happy you like my idea. It is like your template All-mode pagantion only instead pagnation (1,2,3..) at bottom is "Load more" button.
There is few joomla modules with this possibility, but Raxo is for me best Joomla news module.
Thank you
ch2856

Feature Requests: Items per category

Post by ch2856 »

Hi,

I would love to see on the next update an option to choose how many items to display per category.
For example, If I have 4 categories and wish to display 1 itmes from each category, it will be possible with this feature.

Kind Regards
Ran
ch2856

Post by ch2856 »

As for load more, there are few option to think about.

Aside from the sliders and portal, it can be implanted in all templates.

1. Simple load more where the user set group of items (=first visible) and the total items and each click on "load more" will open the next group (or up to the limit of other setting such as this month or or). Possible for a nicer user experience (up to 10-12 items total) they could all be pre loaded. A more complex option would be to set the first items, say 4, number of batch items to be loaded, say 2, and total number of items.

2. Infinity scroll, which will take it all to the next level, here the user will have the option to choose infinity or load-more.
With this option the user can set total or unlimited, or even a mixed between infinity scroll and load-more. user set first items to be visible (well auto screen size+20% ?), the the group to be loaded in infinity scroll style, say 20, and then load more will be visible (with or without items limit).
dgtl-fusion

Detect current category

Post by dgtl-fusion »

Hi

A really excellent addition to your component would be if it could automatically detect the category it is displayed in.

:idea:
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Well, have to reveal some spoilers of the coming update.
The function to define current category is already implemented and is tested right now.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!
dgtl-fusion

Post by dgtl-fusion »

wahoo you guys rock!
pontikos
Joomla! version: 1.5,2.5,3x

Post by pontikos »

The feature to auto-detect current category is a nice one. I have already implemented this on some customizations I have done with the Raxo Module. I have done this, so it also gets the current category when in article view, so it will display more articles from that category and in some other implementations I have set it to not include the current displayed article.

Let me know if you would like some help with this.

Regarding the Load More feature, this would require AJAX loading of the content items on each click. You can use the built-in AJAX component that ships with Joomla core, to perform your AJAX calls. Probably you will have to enhance it with some animations and caching the database results so they will be available if user decides to go up again.

Now, my current feature suggestions are:

1. I would like to see the beginning of the html output of the module removed from the mod_raxo_allmode.php module initialization file. I understand that it will make the code be repeatable inside each template - but my use case is that very often I create quick templates of yours and I only wish to quickly change a few layout elements and keep everything else untouched. With the new template name, I am getting new classes and I have to go over cloning the assets folder and renaming the css/js, while I would only like to have the same css/js as the original template. Usually, I avoid doing all these and I end up with simply adding a conditional statement in the mod_raxo_allmode.php file, to let the module's class suffix same with its original template. Maybe there could be a better idea, to have a setting in the backend that will allow to override this module class suffix, possibly by selecting one of the available other templates names, or a custom given one. Think about it.

2. The second suggestion is not mature yet in my mind. The use case is that I usually add Custom Fields to Joomla Articles. I then like to use Raxo, to display those articles and their custom fields. I usually override your helper.php to include those fields with the database queries. Considering that the upcoming Joomla version will come with a core ability to create custom fields, I think it's time to start thinking about how Raxo could be developed so it would be able to display any custom fields attached to Joomla articles.

Thanks for the good job
John
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Let me know if you would like some help with this.
We wouldn't mind help with ajax implementation. So if you have some working module modification, please, share it.

1. Our module supports Joomla module output overrides. So just use it.
See Module Alternative Layouts in https://docs.joomla.org/Layout_Overrides_in_Joomla

2. Custom fields are claimed as a new feature in Joomla 3.7. First we'll see how it's implemented, and then we'll think how we can do that in the module.
:!: Join me on Facebook to keep up with the latest RAXO news and other Joomla stuff!