The latest update for our powerful K2 news module has some milestone changes. If you use RAXO All-mode K2 extensively and place it on many pages of your site, this module version can significantly increase your efficiency. Key changes in this release are about source selection which we managed to make even more convenient and ergonomic for module users. New function helps to dynamically display K2 items from current category will improve your productivity.
- Display K2 items from current category only;
Module can display lists of K2 items dynamically, depending on the current category.
- New filter to include/exclude selected categories;
- Hide currently viewed K2 article;
- Fix for "Hide on article page" to work correctly with cache enabled;
- Module description with helpful links (documentation and support)
is moved to the first tab of the backend.
- Some module parameters were renamed or changed to be more descriptive.
- Module backend became more dynamic with "showon" field attribute to show/hide certain fields based on the state of a "parent" field (available starting with Joomla 3.2.4).
Source Selection has been expanded with "Current Ð¡ategory" option. So now when publishing the module in a certain category, the module automatically detects the current category and displays K2 items only from it. This option is valuable when you place the module in several categories.
Let us explain. For example, you want to add two information blocks to your site category page - the latest K2 articles in this category and popular K2 items in this category over the last year. To perform this task you need two module copies.
But what if you have 12 categories, and you need to do the same for each of them? The previous module version required you to set up 12 * 2 = 24 module copies. Current module version simplifies this task immensely because you can fulfill this task with .... the same two (2) module copies. You just need to assign these modules to 12 category pages. So, the modules will automatically detect current category and display lists of popular and new K2 items depending on the category they are published in.
This filter gives you full control over module source selection, i.e selection of the area on your site where the module will look for K2 articles to display.
This filter works with two source selection options:
Current K2 category
- Include - the module displays K2 items only from the current category;
- Exclude - the module displays K2 items from all other categories, excluding items from the current category.
Selected K2 categories
- Include - the module will search only within those K2 categories you selected;
- Exclude - the module will search within all other K2 categories, excluding the categories selected.
Now you can automatically remove currently viewed K2 item from the list of K2 items displayed in the module. When your site visitor reads an article you can offer him a list of other articles for reading. It's not reasonable to include currently viewed K2 article in this list, right? Besides, exclusion of the currently viewed article is beneficial from SEO point of view because it helps to avoid articles linking to themselves.
Updates are free for our clients!
We start delivering the new version by email immediately.
Please be patient, the distribution process may take several days.